Bruce Austin, DMD/LMT
Bruce's many credentials include:
- Graduate of Oregon School of Massage, August 2011
- Earned Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology from University of Oregon, 1981
- Graduate of Oregon Health Science University School of Dentistry, 1985
- Internship in Sports Medicine, Portland State University, July - September 2011
- Member of 2012 Olympic Trials massage team, June-July 2012, Eugene, Oregon
- Massage support for Oregon State University Womens' Track Team
- Bruce has been a runner since college, and began running marathons in 1996. Bruce has completed 36 marathons & 3 ultra-marathons (51K, 48 miles, and 50 miles) on 4 continents (North America, South America, Antarctica, & Europe). This adds to his knowledge, and gives Bruce a unique and hands-on perspective, with treating athletes
Bruce warms his hands at the Olympic flame in the town of
Marathon, Greece hours before the start of the 2500th anniversary
of Pheidippides' original run of the course.
Bruce was one of 12,500 runners.
Many Greeks lined the course on the historic day of the
Greeks' defeat of the Persians.
The run ended in the Olympic Stadium in Athens, built in 330 B.C.
Oregon Board of Massage Therapy (OBMT) License #17522